Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Photo a Day


Flowers on the Wall
Originally uploaded by Kenny Lok
I started a self imposed "One Photo a Day" project about a month ago in which I would take at least one photo each day and post it to Flickr (check out my 365 set there). Intention is to force myself to look around myself and not to loss the sense of wonder a child would have to everything surrounding us. It is easy for a grown up to take things for granted and become numb to this world.

So far, I am having lots of fun with this project. My skill improved and I become more observant (I think/hope so, haha). However, sometimes it leads to embarrassment too. Like today when I took these three photos in an abandon bus depot behind my office during lunch time. I was so focus on finding the right subject and best angle to shoot, I loss sight of anything else. Then I came back to reality when a colleague called me and jokingly ask me whether the company was consider buying the land with me doing the survey. So embarrassing! Well, I countered and said, "Yes, and your department will be the first to moved to this building".... hahaha

I quite like these 3 pictures that I took. Actually, I have not finished with that abandon depot. I will go back again as I see many photo opportunities in there.

Twin Turbines (by Kenny Lok) Someone's treasure cove (by Kenny Lok)

3 comments:

  1. Nice Pics.
    Saw the JOS commercial on TV btw haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen it myself. Judging from you reaction, must be pretty bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not particularly bad...
    The girl is quite cute, but the general production has an "ATV" feel to it.

    ReplyDelete